Go with a smile!

Monday, June 17, 2019

Saving My Weekends

I had a plan to go visit a park out in the countryside, but it got scuppered. I certainly did not feel like waking up in the morning.

One reason was that the previous night, I received a mail from the post office that a large cache of CDs was delivered. Nothing turned up. I began to suspect my neighbours had taken it. Then also the previous night, I was watching a basketball game, and the Golden State Warriors - which I support because after all it's the Silicon Valley team - lost a crucial basketball game to the Toronto Raptors. And it's funny that I should be upset about that because I'm not normally a basketball fan, and I've also decided that I wasn't going to be a sports fan for much longer. But somehow I wanted Golden State to win this year. Maybe this year they were unlucky and had a lot of guys with injuries, but they were just 1 year removed from being considered as invincible when they added Kevin Durant to their lineup. Perhaps Toronto was the Liverpool like challenger to the Man City like behemoth that Golden State was.

This is a bullshit weekend. Bad things have happened to me, things that don't really matter but still somehow manage to upset me. First, I bought that large cache of CDs from an ebay retailer, and I had spent all day bidding on those CDs and I'd really scream and shout if I lost that package. But then again, it was just 1-200 dollars and not something that I could ill afford. And the Golden State game was not something that I needed to care about. But those things were getting me down. Maybe I ended up staying in bed more than I had to.

Was just moping around all morning feeling miserable and that life treated me badly and whatever and then suddenly the package arrived at my doorstep. It was funny that it was reported that my package arrived on Friday when it actually arrived on Saturday.

But my visit to the countryside was scuppered because of two reasons: I had to stay at home to watch the delivery of the package, and because I stupidly left my camera in the office. I thought, I'll do my plan B today. I'll drive around "Mexico" with my camera and take some pictures. But then again, I went up to my office and found that it was locked. Not locked as in you could get in with your key, but the outer gates were shuttered. I didn't want to go ask the security to open the door for me, even though I had a legitimate reason: you never know what people might be thinking. So my plan B got scuppered.

So I just went about my plan C. Which turned out to involve doing a lot of shopping. So in a way it was a more fruitful than usual weekend. Called my parents. Went cycling. Ate at a few places. Cut my hair. Slept in.

But I have to look at myself and understand what's going on with me. These days I'm just more depression prone, and I just have to watch myself more carefully. How it impacts my work, my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment