Go with a smile!

Friday, April 26, 2019

Stomach Flu

I'm trying to figure out what caused this bout of food poisoning. On Friday morning, I had woken up with a bit of a tummyache, and I didn't think much of it. I went to work. It wasn't a good day at work. I had a talking to from my boss. Then I went home, and I slept for 9 hours.

I got up, and the pain from my stomach started getting unbearable. There was this intense pain in the middle of my abdomen and the worst thing is that it got worse when I tried to lie down. I had to sit on the toilet bowl, unable to do anything. Then I decided to try and eat something and see what would happen. Rather quickly, I barfed it out. I felt a little better a while after that, and then the pain came back. I tried to drink other stuff. Tea. Orange juice, milk. Then there was another big barf, then the pain came back. I was at my wit's end.

Then I thought, maybe there's still some stuff left in my stomach. I ate some biscuits, some more fluids, and I waited for the barf to come again. Finally, after one mighty round, everything started clearing up. My kindly housemate (a nice old lady who happens to be pro-Trump) went out and bought some stomach medicine for me. I phoned up my sister, and I asked her for advice. She tried to find out if I had appendicitis. It wasn't. It was probably a combination of hunger pangs and stomach flu. I was told to go to a doctor if I suffered dehydration. I said thank you very much, and since the abdominal pain was gone, I was exhausted (even though I had slept for 9 hours and was awake for only 4 hours). I cleaned up my mouth, staggered into bed and then crashed. A few hours later, I woke up, and cleaned up the toilet.

Maybe I'm superstitious. I had a vomitting episode when I was in grad school, and that took place no long before I graduated. Maybe this vomiting is a sign that I have to move on. Maybe this vomiting is a good thing for me, to cleanse myself of toxins that I had built up over the years. Maybe it was about getting rid of negative emotions.

A few nights later, I had a dream. I dreamt that I was drinking at a pub when I saw a piece of crap on the wall. Somehow I knew that it was my piece of crap, but nobody seemed to budge. Nobody smelt it, nobody noticed it. Somebody put his cap on it, it was one of those Dali paintings where there's random shit everywhere. I looked up the dream dictionary and it told me that crap was a general metaphor for negative emotions. It meant that I was probably flipping out in a very big way and somehow nobody ever noticed.

Nobody really cares about you, and maybe that's OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment